The CSIRO Natural Hazards Team are conducting a workshop for training in Spark, our wildfire modelling software.
The workshop will be interactive with the attendees using Spark systems during the session. The workshop will cover the following:
- A general introduction to the Spark system and tools.
- Running fire simulations using the Spark-gui software application.
- An overview of the full Spark workflow system, including example projects and applications.
- Running ensemble simulations for estimating uncertainties or for developing risk maps.
- Customising workflows and outputs, obtaining results such as fire line intensities or value of infrastructure damaged.
- Calculating Bushfire Attack Level using the Spark-BAL software application.
- Future development, including feedback on directions for the system from practitioners.
The workshop will include hands-on Spark training and technical support on the day, as well as a session to answer any of your capability based or technical questions. We will be able to discuss Spark customisation and licencing at the end of the workshop.
Registration includes a free three month trial license of the Spark-tools and Spark-BAL packages.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Please note that the workshop will be capped at 15 places and that registration closes on midnight 18th April.
For more information, email the Spark team at firstname.lastname@example.org.