The production of complex proteins for structural and biological studies requires a range of skills and disciplines including molecular biology, fermentation, protein purification and structural analysis. PEWS seminars will cover a range of topics to enable successful production work and provide an excellent networking opportunity. The hands-on workshops on the 3rd day will provide opportunities for delegates to interact with experts and try some of the latest gadgets.
By the end of the Workshop participants will:
- have an understanding of different expression systems
- be familiar with basic technologies involved in protein production
- know the most important large and small-scale equipment involved in expression and purification
- be able to design and optimise your production system
- understand basic purification and assay methods
- learn how to integrate your production system with purification
- be familiar with current trends in protein production and fermentation
- learn how collaborative facilities might be able to assist you to reach your research goals
Bus transfer will be available upon request for those attending the Clayton site activities.
03 9662 7100