As an educator in a regional area, do you know how to effectively engage with CSIRO Education and Outreach (CEdO) Programs such as:
This professional learning workshop will give you the confidence and skills to deliver STEM programs in your classroom. Delivered by CSIRO Education Specialists and designed specifically for a regional audience, this two day Professional Learning Program will focus on:
- Understanding the challenges and opportunities of Australia’s future
- Understanding the challenges and opportunities of the State and Local Community’s future
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) Education
- Programs delivered by CSIRO Education & Outreach
- Engagement opportunities with community and industry
It aims to provide teachers and support staff with the skills and resources to:
- Deliver open-ended inquiry activities inside and outside the classroom
- Engage with challenges and competitions to extend students
- Work with interested members of the community and local businesses/industry to engage with students or support teaching practice
While the core of the content is aimed specifically at classroom teachers, many of the sessions are also available and applicable to:
- School leadership teams
- Community organisations, such as Council Libraries and the Parents and Citizens Associations
- State and Local Government
All resources will be provided to support your engagement in the classroom.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided.
An Industry Dinner is also planned at the end of day one. The dinner will give workshop attendees the opportunity to network with local science and technology industry representatives and community leaders in an informal and relaxed environment.
Download the Digital Careers Event Agenda (PDF, 338KB)
Financial assistance may be offered for accommodation and travel costs to participants who are required to travel a significant distance to attend this event.
For further information contact Steven Turner at email@example.com or 0413 759 838.