Fundamentals and Applications of Advanced Porous Materials
Thursday 8 - Saturday 10 Dec 2016
Rydges South Park, 1 South Terrace, Adelaide SA
Location & venue
Adelaide, South Australia
Adelaide is the “perfect host city” and is “ready to be uncorked”… so says Lonely Planet which named the South Australian capital as one of the top 10 must visit cities for 2014.
The city centre is surrounded by parklands and is a blend of historic buildings, wide streets, parklands, cafes and restaurants. Adelaide is easy to get around with rolling hills to the east and beaches to the west.
Adelaide has a diverse cultural mix that guarantees the food is sensational. Rundle Street in Adelaide’s east end includes a mix of historic pubs and family-run cafes and restaurants. Dine alfresco, morning, noon and night. Five minutes away, Norwood Parade is famously European influenced while Gouger Street, which is close to Chinatown and the Adelaide Central Market is crammed with Asian restaurants.
Adelaide weather is moderate. Year-round big blue skies mean average winter temperatures of 16 degrees Celsius (°C) and 28°C in summer. Hot days can be real sizzlers and easily reach 40°C.
Rydges South Park
Rydges South Park Adelaide offers a superb destination for corporate and leisure guests located on South Terrace in Adelaide’s CBD. The hotel is positioned next to the Southern Parklands, Greenhill Road, Gouger Street Restaurant precinct and the Central Markets. With a range of room types to suit individual needs, the hotel boasts spectacular views of the City, surrounding Parklands and Adelaide Hills.
- Fundamental Study and New MOFs
- New structures
- Applications and commercialization of MOFs
- Biological Applications
- Paschal McCloskey, MOF Technologies, United Kingdom
- Jong-San Chang, Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology, Korea
- Kim Jelfs, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
- Deanna D'Alessandro, University of Sydney, Australia
- Shuhei Furukawa, Institute for Integrated Cell-Material Sciences, Japan
- Tom Hasell, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom
- David Sholl, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Dan Zhao, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Praveen Thallapally, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, USA
- Tapas Kumar Maji, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, India
- Shane Telfer, Massey University, New Zealand
- Guillaume Maurin, Universite de Montpellier, CNRS-Institut Charles Gerhardt Universite, France
- Thomas Bennett, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Christian Doonan, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Matt Hill, CSIRO, Australia
- Thomas Heine, University of Leipzig
- Ilich Argel Ibarra Alvarado, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
- Masahide Takahashi, Osaka Prefecture University, Japan
- Ryan Lively, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
Conference pricing (early bird closing on Friday, 28 October 2016):
Early Bird: $750.00
Early Career Researcher (up to 3 years after PhD completion):
Early Bird: $300.00
Presentation portal: https://leishman.eventsair.com/csiro/presentationportal
Mining and manufacturing
Conference or seminar