The 1st Australia-Japan Symposium on Carbon Resource Utilisation
Sunday 27 - Wednesday 30 Nov 2016
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, Melbourne, Victoria
This event has occured.
Organisers / Co-Chairs
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) / Dr Patrick Hartley (CSIRO)
- The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) / Prof Takayuki Takarada (Gunma University)
In recognising the interconnectedness of value chains in the energy resource processing sector, this two-day symposium offers a unique opportunity for researchers, academia and industry partners from both Australia and Japan to exchange technical knowledge, and to discuss opportunities and challenges related to the sustainable utilisation of diverse carbon resources. It also recognises the potential for Australia and Japan’s R&D communities to work closely together in solving these challenges.
CSIRO and JSPS thus cordially invite interested stakeholders to participate in the 1st Australia-Japan Symposium on Carbon Resource Utilisation in Melbourne, Australia, in November 2016.
The Symposium will:
- Showcase state-of-the-art research and development in both the Australian and Japanese research communities in the field of carbon resource utilisation
- Increase understanding of the R&D needs and challenges in both countries
- Provide participants the opportunity to share science capability and key knowledge between the two countries, providing a unique platform for the development of new collaborative R&D projects, and
- Establish a strong network between research and industry participants with interests in the area.
Topics will include:
- C1 (conversion chemistry and processes) (e.g. natural gas reforming, syngas to fuels & chemicals, CO2 utilisation)
- Coal-based conversion chemistry and technologies (e.g. liquefaction, pyrolysis, gasification)
- Biomass and solid waste conversion technologies including hybrid systems (e.g. biofuels and bioenergy including co-utilisation with conventional fuels)
- Emerging low emission technologies (e.g. chemical looping, direct carbon fuel cell, catalytic pyrolysis)
- Carbon capture and storage (CCS) (e.g. advanced capture technology and geological storage), and
- Production and applications for high value carbon and coke materials (e.g. coke, activated carbon, carbon nanotubes, graphene, soil conditioning).
Who should attend:
The Symposium will be relevant to a wide range of stakeholders from:
- Government institutions
- Research institution and organisations
- Funding bodies and industry associations
Full delegate AUD$650.00
Student concession AUD$350.00
|Friday 23 Sep 2016||Abstract submission closes|
|Friday 7 Oct 2016||Notice of abstract acceptance|
|Friday 15 Oct 2016||Preliminary Program|
|Monday 21 Nov 2016||Full registration closes and Final Program|
|Sunday 27 Nov 2016||Welcome reception|
|Monday 28 Nov 2016||Technical sessions – Day 1 / Dinner|
|Tuesday 29 Nov 2016||Technical sessions – Day 2 / Closing|
|Wednesday 30 Nov 2016||Site tours|
Abstract submission closed in September. Successful submissions will be notified in October.
Please contact AJCRU-Symposium@csiro.au for more information or to register your interest.
Other online information including registration and symposium program will be announced in due course.
Renewables and energy
Conference or seminar